This library uses a few concepts.
Take filter, for instance. It's a very simple concept - it tells you if "it's enabled".
Each concept can be implemented in several ways. To make it easier for you, each concept is a namespace. In the given namespace, you'll find possible implementations of that concept. Of course, to those implementations, you can add your own ;)
- filter - available filter implementations
- level - in case you want to use Log Levels
- writer - writer objects; they do the actual write of the message
- scenario - in case you want to easily specify the logger and filter class(es), based on your application's needs
(for more info, see logger class)
- format_and_write - contains the logic for formatting and writing to destinations
- msg_route - contains the logic for routing the message to the formatters and destinations
- op_equal - implements operator==, in order to compare formatters and/or destinations. Useful when you want to erase formatters/destinations from a logger.
- optimize - (related to gathering the message) optimizes holding the message, as it's formatted. Formatting can modify the message. Implementations from this namespace allow optimizing the medium so that modifying the message is as fast as possible
Copyright John Torjo © 2007
Have a question/ suggestion/ comment? Send me feedback